BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing PDFs and picture files in Archi-10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have imported pdfs and tiff files to my layout sheets via the figure tool. It has worked for me in previous applications but in a recently project the images do not show up when printed. It shows up on the layout on my screen but does not print. I am using an Oce'600 and a HP 1055CM printer. My file is also stored on a server 60% maxed out.

I have tried re-importing both the tiff and pdfs through FILE/external content/drawing manager both onto the layout sheet and on a sperate story so as to transfer it to the layout sheet. Both trials failed when printing the images. Has anyone encountered this and what would be the best solution?
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
I've had no problems with printing included pdfs and tiffs in AC10, and I've used both methods (figure tool and external content) you describe as well as direct printing from the model floor plan.

- download the last hotfix (1188) for AC10 if you haven't got it (Help>Check for updates).

- check that you're printing, not plotting.

- check that you've saved a layer combo that includes the pdf layer, and that it's set for the view in question on the layout.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks alot. Strangely enough I made the tiff image into a Jpeg and it printed. I will try the hotfix as you suggested.
Djordje
Ace
TIFs and PDFs might be problematic in printing if rotated on the layouts. Check that too.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!