Hello Archicad Community,
I'm working on a project that has about 20 drawings. These are large/complex plan drawings of a full floor of a tower block, full of partition walls, offices, chairs etc. When I export the drawings, the majority export as PDF between 200-500KB, with three drawings in the package exporting at 11MB.
I can't figure out why these three drawings are coming out so large, and the architect I'm working for is persisting with me that I need to reduce the file size.
So far I have:
- Consolidated Lines (rid of thousands of lines)
- Consolidated Fills & Deleted unnecessary
- Deleted everything that isn't required
- Purged layers that are unnecessary
- Attempted to reduce file size in Acrobat (made file bigger!)
- Attempted to reduce file size in Apple Preview (Made file bigger!)
The three drawings are all based off the same level, but not all drawings created from this level are causing the overt size issue. Also, when I work on this level or with the drawing that is placed on the layout, the computer moves incredibly slowly.
Is there anything that anyone can recommend I try that might help to get the file size down on these three drawings?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.