BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publisher to DWF the text show bad on the viewer

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I publish a layout in DWF and include the browser, the result is that texts appear in big font sizes and filling the whole screen, so my clients can`t see the project and it gets worst when clients do not know how to turn of the text layer, can anyone advise what to do? Please

Mario Igartua
Pc P4, AC 9
8 REPLIES 8
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Mario,

Is the scale of the drawing in PlotMaker the same as the view's original scale? You probably have a different output scale than the original scale, and you have the Text set to "Fix Size" (check drawing settings).
DWF export disregards this setting, and always rescales the text according to the output scale. E.g. if original scale is 1:100 and output scale is 1:10 and text is set to fix size, the DWF output will show all text 10 times bigger. This is a bug in PlotMaker.

The workaround is to re-scale the drawing itself. At the end, make sure that all drawing's output scale equals its original scale. (If it is a PMK, open it, select all text, set them 'scaled' in the text settig dialog, then change the drawing scale to the output scale you want)
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gkmethy,

Thank you very much for the information, I will change the scale, so I understand that if I want to publish in DWF I have to keep the original scale I draw it in Archicad when I import the file in Plotmaker? What if I want to rescale it in PM?
Or what if I set the text not a "fix size"?
Thanks you very much for your help.
Mario Igartua
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In PlotMaker set all drawings text to 'resize to output scale' This will show you what the DWF will be like. If you want to change the drawing scale, do it in ArchiCAD: save a new view(set).
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gkmethy,

Thanks again for your help, I have one last and important question to ask you.
The purpose of publish a particular project is to send it to a client for him to see the project in the included browser, how can I make this happen, how do I email my client the files and the browser and files related to this publish?
I will apreciate very much for your help, since most of my clients are located in diferent cities and sometimes countries.
Thank you very much for your atention,
Mario Igartua
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
To share your files, Publisher has the 'upload to internet' function: With this, you can upload the files to an FTP server, to which you can provide http access for your customers. This way you can manage (update) your files on a server. There is an option to send e-mail notification when you publish to the internet. You can also attach the published DWF files to this auto e-mail. Unfortunately, you can not send the whole Reviewer environment with it.

There is no option to directly publish to e-mail with Review environment. Currently, saving the files; then zipping up the html, the folder with the same name, and the 'Reviewer' folder; and sending them to your e-mail application is the easiest solution.
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gkmethy,
Thank you for the reply, is it dificult to create a ftp site? it sounds dificult,
Best regards,
Mario Igartua
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's fairly simple to create an FTP site, theres many programmes available.. some even freewere, to set up an FTP site on your computer. the biggest obstacle you might run into is having a dynamic WAN IP address, in which case you might want to look into a dynamic IP redirect service such as http://www.dynip.com or even third party hosting, which is a whole other ballpark.

one FTP server programme I've had good luck with in the past is BulletProof FTP, which can be found here: http://www.bpftpserver.com/ or if you just so happen to be running a Windows Server O/S you coud always go the IIS (Internet Information Services) route.

HTH
cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Daniel, I will look up in the web sites you mentioned, thanks again,
Mario Igartua
Learn and get certified!