BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing - Merged PDF Autotext name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is there a way of creating the name of a merged PDF in a publisher set from the Project info?

I have tried using the auto text e.g. <PROJECTNAME>, but that doesn't work.

The 'Rename Items', option just renames the pages within the set, but does not allow me to do the same for the overall file name. Anyone have an option that works?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Which Archicad version are you using?
I have just tried it in Archicad 23 and it is working for me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using ArchiCAD 25 Solo.

Can you do a sreen shot how you did it? I am not able to published a single PDF file with autotext in it.  thank you very much.

Hi,

I think that I have found why this is not working for user who created this topic.

There is a difference for folders which are as a shortcut from the rest of project navigator (view map and layouts) and for folders that we can create manually in publisher set.

For shortcuts, the autotexts (e.g. <PROJECTNAME>) works fine, but if you put this auto text on folder which is created manually (not a shortcut) the "<PROJECTNAME>" will be exported. I've tested it on version from 23 to 26.
I`m not sure why this is happening but from my understanding there is no connection of manually created folders to the project info therefore it is not going to use the auto texts. But I don't understand why the system info (datum, time, path file etc.) are not working too.

Learn and get certified!