BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing in AC 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I made a jump to AC 13 from 12 a few weeks ago and have been trying to publish a 5 sheet set from LAyout Book and for some reason can not easily copy the book to the publishing side in the Organizer-Publisher window. I did this easily in 12. IS there any simple issue that may be the sticking point here? All ideas welcome. thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Try opening the 12 file in 13 and then moving them within the organizer as you describe.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have worked this whole file in AC 13. I am in the Organizer and cannot "copy" any layouts from LAYOUT BOOK to the PUBLISHER SETS - and I am baffled why not. Is this file corrupted somehow? Is there a prompt that needs to be checked off or unchecked?....... i have not modified anything since jumping fro 12 to 13.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Within the Publisher Sets page of the Navigator, did you actually create any Publisher Set? You have to, using the New Publisher Set button, and then you have to go into it by double-clicking it. Then you will be able to drag-and-drop Layouts into it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS!! - I knew it was something simple and you solved it. Was there any change from 12 to 13 on this? Otherwise, I guess I may have started new files in 12 from previous ones and they had publishing sets already arranged within the organizer - I had to start from scratch on this file - but it worked!! it is greatly appreciated.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, there was a change.
In AC12 this uppermost level didn't exist if you had at least one Publisher Set.
If you had no Publisher Sets then in the place of the name of the Publisher Set, the following text was shown: "No Publisher Set Defined" so you knew what was going on.
This was changed I think in AC13.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo - thanks again - it is always good to know i am not suffering from early dementia!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo - thanks again - it is always good to know i am not suffering from early dementia!
Anonymous
Not applicable
david wrote:
david wrote:
A sure sign of that is repeating yourself
Learn and get certified!