BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Questions about editing text

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a couple of questions about how the text tool works.

1: I am wondering if there is a way to exit a text box using the Enter command without using the ctrl key. I'd like to be able to toggle back and forth from Enter key = exit box and Enter key = next text line.

2: Is there a way to have Archicad select all the text in a text block when I activate it? Either with a double click or a single click when the text box is selected. I am using ctrl/a after I enter the text box to select all the text.

AutoCad uses these features and I got used to using them. I am almost exclusively using Archicad now but still miss these.

Thanks, Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
4thorns wrote:
1: I am wondering if there is a way to exit a text box using the Enter command without using the ctrl key. I'd like to be able to toggle back and forth from Enter key = exit box and Enter key = next text line.
Not that I am aware of.
But just mouse click outside the text editing box when you have finished will exit it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
4thorns wrote:
2: Is there a way to have Archicad select all the text in a text block when I activate it? Either with a double click or a single click when the text box is selected. I am using ctrl/a after I enter the text box to select all the text.
On Mac, a triple-click will select all the text in a paragraph (between returns). Select All (Command-A) selects all the text including returns. Does this work in Windows?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
David wrote:
On Mac, a triple-click will select all the text in a paragraph (between returns). Select All (Command-A) selects all the text including returns. Does this work in Windows?

David
Yes, it works the same way on Windows.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm doing those things now and they work fine. Just didn't know if there was another way. Old habits are hard to break.

Doug
Learn and get certified!