Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

RESIZING A GROUP

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was trying to resize a 24 x 36 titleblock to 11 x17 instead of redrawing it again. I group the 24 x 36 and use the resize and the stretch tool but nothing work.

can anyone help?

ac7r2/xphome
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
isid

you don't necessarily need to have objects/elements grouped to resize them . . .

the important thing to remember is that it will only work when groups are suspended!

this doesn't mean that you need to un-group everything: simply toggle 'suspend groups' using the button in your control palette (see attached), or from the tools menu (Tools>Suspend Groups).

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
lsid wrote:
I was trying to resize a 24 x 36 titleblock to 11 x17 instead of redrawing it again. I group the 24 x 36 and use the resize and the stretch tool but nothing work.
ArchiCAD or PlotMaker? I hope PlotMaker, as titleblocks IMHO should NOT be present in ArchiCAD.

Your best bet in PlotMaker is Stretch - take stuff in the marquee, and invoke stretch command. You don't want to stretch the titleblock itself, just the frame of the sheet.

For grouping, follow Ben's advice - with the grouping on, seelct what you want, then suspend groups, do the edting. This is a general rule that works everywhere for everything.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen