Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Refreshing Trace Reference

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just started a project and it barely fits inside of the boarders on my layout at the desired scale. When I was working on it I noticed if I used the layout as the trace reverence I could see where I was placing my efforts so it fit on the page and looks right. But to get the trace reference to update I have to navigate to the layout, let the refresh happen, and then navigate back to the the model.

Is there a way to force a refresh of the trace references from the working model space I'm working in, especially those of layouts?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
zeropointreference wrote:
Is there a way to force a refresh of the trace references from the working model space I'm working in, especially those of layouts?
Yes. If you select the Layout in Navigator and hit the Update button (green circle), then just zoom or do something so your trace reference refreshes.
Barry Kelly
Or just press the "Rebuild Reference" button in the Trace & Reference palette.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Or just press the "Rebuild Reference" button in the Trace & Reference palette.
Barry.
You'd still have to update the view on the layout first though wouldn't you? Or is that not necessary if they're on Automatic Update? (I prefer Manual update)
Barry Kelly
I leave mine set on auto update and that works fine.
I just set one to manual and you have to manually update the layout page as you suggested.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
So the Trace Reference will update an Auto Update view, even though the view has technically not been updated yet? Interesting.