Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I faced with a problem today, I cannot set Renovation Filter (from Existing Plan to Planned Status) on all Worksheets (picture attached) under View Map. The whole file was Reserved so there was no contradiction with other partner who may use the file.

This feature was available with Elevations and Section in View Map to change any Filter Status.

hopfully someone could help me via attached picture.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have come across this with Details. I figured out that the Renovation Filter of the detail is set to the current renovation filter of the model (story, elevation, section, etc...) Example: I want my detail, which is an enlarged plan, to be on Planned Status Renovation Filter, so I go the source story of the detail, on the Project Map. While in the Source Story, I change the Renovation Filter to Planned Status. Then go back to the detail view, right-click and click on "Rebuild from Source View." This changes the detail to the Planned Status Renovation Filter. I would assume that Worksheets would do the same.

I hope this helps.

If anyone has an easier solution, let me know because this works, but is a pain sometimes.

Jeff
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Details and Worksheets are non-Auto-rebuild viewpoints and the Renovation Filter and Structure Display options in the View Settings require an Auto-rebuild viewpoint. Essentially this is a specific situation where the View Settings dialog is hitting a conflict of what it is responsible for. The workflow to change the Structure Display or Renovation Filter for the detail is to open the detail then open the Quick Options Palette and change the filters there (a dialog will appear explaining the first part of what I just said above).

Quick Options Palette: http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac16_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys,

I found the same solutions but not for the final. I guess in this case worksheets are usefuls for special details somewhen in the final stage of the project ( there is less modification on the design). Eventually we start replacing worksheets as layouts to simple Model view layouts combined with its specific layer combination.

The matter was the following; when I started creating each room's layout I faced with rotation problem of Numbers on dimension lines. So there was not possible to align Layout to Elevation as usual standard. When I used worksheets it was right just now with issue of renovation.
Karl Frost
Participant
Hi
We just encountered this issue as well, and have gone with Jeff's solution regarding the setting coming from the source view.
Nicholas – we cannot get your solution to work, the view Renovation Filter setting ALWAYS defaults back to the source. We are using AC15 so I would be interested to know if it works correctly in AC16.

Thanks,
Karl
AC23 (7000 NZE Full) AC24 (6004 NZE Full)

OS 11.16.1 iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020, 64GB RAM