Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Filters with different overrides?

jegomez
Newcomer
I would like to show the existing elevations of a renovation project without the renovation filter overrides that I set up for my floor plans.

I.e., I want to make a new renovation filter called "Existing Elevations" with no overrides to my line types.

At the moment, I have the "Existing Plan" renovation filter with an override to the line types for elements to be demolished. This is good for my demolition plan but not for my existing elevations.

I tried creating a new renovation filter by duplicating "Existing Plan" and turning off the line type override but it changes this globally in my other filters.

Is this possible?

Thank you
ArchiCAD 15 3267 USA FULL
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit Operating System
Intel Xeon W3550, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 600
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jegomez:

Yes, the Overrides are global, not Filter specific. I think you want to set up a Renovation Filter to Show Existing Elements and Elements to be Demolished (which will show them with their own settings). If this is not the case, post some images with examples of what you are trying to accomplish.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
jegomez
Newcomer
David,

I was hoping to be able to make a filter with specific settings that were not global. I currently have my existing and demo elements to "Show" in the renovations filter which works great for my floor plans.

What I did was set my elevations showing existing elements without any overrides from the renovation filter. I then turned off the automatic rebuild for these elevations in my layout book and then redo my renovation filter overrides so my demolition and planned plans looks right.

Thank you.
ArchiCAD 15 3267 USA FULL
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit Operating System
Intel Xeon W3550, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 600