Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation system + Solid Elements

Gerry Leonor
Advisor
So i've drawn up a mesh to represent the current site contours which need to show in the existing drawings. But i then need to put in a new external timber deck with floor supports but i need to excavate some of the earth to build in the structure for said timber deck. to do this, i figured i'd use a slab tool to approximate the area of the mesh/site i want to excavate then use Solid Elements.

now obviously i don't want the Solid Elements Operation to show up in the Existing drawings, but only in the New Works. Is there a way to delineate SEO with regards to Renovation Status?
In the same Mesh model: No SEO in Existing, Yes with SEO in New Works (& possibly Demolition too).

cheers.
AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this is not possible to do the way you desire because once you do the SEO, the target element will be cut regardless of the Renovation Filter applied. So even if you set the Renovation Status of the operator element of the SEO to "New Element" so it does not show with the "Existing" Reno Filter, the cut will be visible on the target element. Your only choice here may be to model the two states separately on separate layers.

However, this would make a great wish. I think it would be a great addition to the program to have the ability to make SEOs Reno Filter-specific. For example, there could be a new checkbox called "Ignore SEOs" for filters.
On the other hand, it might be problematic to turn off the effects of all SEOs in a Reno Filter when you might want to ignore only a few of them.

So the other option I see is to have the Layer Intersection Group Number have an effect on SEOs as well. That would be a solution. This would mean that if you have the target and operator elements of a SEO in the same Layer Intersection Group, the SEO would be performed, otherwise it would not.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gerry Leonor
Advisor
yup, i agree it is a bit annoying & counter-productive to the Renovation system. I'll have to revert to the old style of using separate layers to work-around this issue.

+1 for the Wish for GS to make SEO manageable in the Renovation System.

cheers for the response.

Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Gerard wrote:
yup, i agree it is a bit annoying & counter-productive to the Renovation system. I'll have to revert to the old style of using separate layers to work-around this issue.

+1 for the Wish for GS to make SEO manageable in the Renovation System.
Gerald,

I filed a wish about this, so our design team will see this when they are looking for further optimizations.
Thanks for bringing this up.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Gerry Leonor
Advisor
Thanks, Marton.
I hope it goes through in future versions.

Geof Gainer
Booster
Gerard wrote:
Thanks, Marton.
I hope it goes through in future versions.
Ditto.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2

2023 and this has still not been addressed unfortunately.

The reno system is not fit for purpose as part of a BIM solution.

I have just realized that with all the limitations and work arounds required, it is easier and more straight forward to just copy paste as a new  model and make the required changes. Demolition drawings have to be custom made.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/