Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Revision History object and revisions across stages

JGoode
Advocate
Hello,

We are using the Revision History object to show changes on the drawing along with automatic revisions. When we go from Preliminary Drawings to Tender drawings we want to clear the P01, P02, P03 revisions from showing on the drawing and then change to T01, T02, T03... etc whilst still keeping the P's in the drawing if needed at a later date. What is the best practice to achieve this?

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
In the "Revision History Detailed ##" object settings, there is the ability to filter revisions based on criteria. I have done similar in the past so that only revisions starting with a letter or code are displayed. My revision history is placed on my Master sheet, you could create different masters with specific filter settings to show the required revisions.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JGoode
Advocate
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I did see that earlier and we're now currently using it. It does seem to do the job.
However it falls a bit when you have 100s of layouts, it becomes very time consuming. I didn't know if there was a built in way within archicad or just a more efficient method.

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
DGSketcher
Legend
Not sure where the time consuming bit comes from?

If you edit your Master sheet(s) containing the Revision History all your layouts should update.

If you have mixed layouts you can sort by not only the default Subset, but by Master and Current Issue as well which may help with selecting and changing multiple layouts. https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/77078/
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)