Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Rogue Shadows in Elevations

Dave Jochum
Advocate
While there have been many posts regarding shadow issues over the years, I haven't seen this issue addressed--sorry if I've missed it in my search. I constantly get rogue shadows on window sashes in my elevations. Happens with AC windows as well as those from third parties. Anybody experienced this and figured out why and how to solve?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been having this issue with ArchiCAD 11. It is frustrating that this problem still exist in the newer versions of ArchiCAD.

Like you, I have experienced this on both AC windows and third party windows.

Other observations: Changing the angles of the shadows help, but not entirely... for example, if I changed shadow azimuth, shadow casting on some of the windows would be corrected, but other windows would still show incorrectly.... the crazy part is, the windows are placed on the same wall and are completely identical but still, one would show shadows correctly and the other would not. There is no consistency with this issue other than, its a bug.

If there are others with this issue or someone with a fix, please chime in.