Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

SHRINK 1/4" SCALE SITE PLAN DOWN TO 1/8" & RETAIN PROPER LIN

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need a little refreasher course on how to create a pen set that when used
will change the heavier lines used for 1/4" drawings so that they still read
the same at the reduced half scale please.
Did this once before and couldn't believe how easy it was, but remember a
few of the procedures being a bit on the scary side:-/ Its been awhile and when I did it then I created a pen set to change 3" = 1'-0 details to half scale details and I remember it worked out great.

My local building department has mandated that the largest plan size submittal be 24" x 36" (High School paper size if you ask me) What in the world are they doing to us... Could you imagine trying to submit an airport or Hospital, etc. on this paper size? Wonder if the division of the State Architect will follow suit...UGH

I could probably just save a copy of this file and give it a try a few times until
it looks right, but am worried about messing up my main pen set that's used for everything.
I'm also a pest practices subscriber , so if there is a particular section that coveres the ins a outs of this - Please advise!

Thank you all so much for the help you provide us from time to time.
I wish I could spend more time returning the favor, but am barely able to keep my head above water.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
to point you in the right direction:

1. Under Options-> Element Attributes -> Pen Settings, you will be able to change the line weights of the pens. You will need to create an unique pen setting per drawing scale.

2. In Layout select the placed drawing and open its settings and assign the pen settings you created in step one. You can also use Drawing Manager to filter all the drawings by scale and if I remember correctly you can assign the pen set to all at the same time.

3. Download Jared's template and look at it

http://www.shoegnome.com/2014/03/11/introducing-shoegnome-open-template-for-archicad-17/

and read his blogs on Pen Sets

http://www.shoegnome.com//?s=pen+set
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but it's too heavy for right now. I will need to return there because I thought I saw some possibilitiies to explore when I get out of the deep water.

Right now, and I think I will try to tackle on my own with a copy of this file.
I need to create a pen set like the one I use for my plans only with all the pens about half the thickness.

I think it means methodically going through each pen I use and reducing the
thickness by half. So, a pen that is point 3.5 becomes pen 1.75 etc. and create the set for the layout of the half scale floor plan (1/8" = 1'-0")

Here I go