BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

SIP Panel Layout

David Bearss
Booster

Anybody ever done one?

The current lead time for SIP shop drawings is 16 weeks and my contractor would like to get dried in before winter. So I have been tasked with generating a panel layout. 

The idea is to show elevations showing only walls, floor elevations and a 4 foot grid. Wondering about how to handle the corners? Or anything else that I should be paying attention too?

David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3

I use a wall accessory that I wrote for sips and ICF block

Thats nice. Doesn't help me. Unless you want to share??

Seriously does anybody not use SIP products and detail them? Any references, links, to help detailing a wall and roof panel layout?

David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
DGSketcher
Legend

I do a lot of offsite fabrication panel drawing, but it looks like you are site building with a contractor rather than buying in a kit? If you don't know how to detail the panel, should you be doing it? If you are confident / qualified to do this kind of work then do a search through some of the timber frame software & frame supplier manuals & details for pointers. I doubt you will get meaningful answers here as there can be a lot of variables to manage including metal work and fixing arrangements. As @SenecaDesignLLC I have developed my own panel GDL objects, but they are specific to my client's system. I can say, especially without instancing, assembling each panel on grid etc was a complete pain, and really frustrating when changes were requested.

The only tip I have for corners is priority usually goes to the eaves support rather than the gable.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!