BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Same View with Different Layout Scales (Site Plan)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to use my Site Plan View in two separate layouts, with two separate scales (one layout for Site Overview @ 1:100 and one for a more detailed plan of one of the structures @ 1:30). Is it possible to have the same text and symbols from the Original View display correctly with two different scale layouts?
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Yes, in AC all text is Paper Size (unless you change it which is not recommended) and if you save another view with a different scale they will stay the same.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
The text will remain the same printable size, but you may find it moves about in relation to the site plan depending on the anchor points used.
I find that if you want to use the same plan at different scales, it is best to have two annotation layers.
One for each scale that you can control with layer combinations.
The layer combination is saved with each view of the plan so it is all automatic.
It just means you may have to annotate the same info in the different layers but in a position to suit each scale.

If you only have a few annotation elements you may get away with just the one layer.
But if you have many notes then I find a layer for each scale is best.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!