BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Markers visible in Elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
For a variety of reasons, I'd like to display a Section Marker in an interior elevation. (I'm cutting a section thru some millwork. Yes, there is another view of the it via a detail loop, or marker in plan, but I want a section marker in the elevation. Go with it.)

I can place and display the marker in the elevation, but it doesn't display in the layout book. All other marker types (Detail, Worksheet, Interior Elevation, Elevation) can be placed in the elevation and display. But none of those have the controls/parameters as the "Section Part Marker_NCS 17".

Is there a setting I missed? Some Archicad wisdom that eludes me?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you placing a LInked Marker or an Unlinked Marker?
Is the Section Line higher in the Display Order then the model elements seen in the Interior Elevation?

It displays fine for me on a Layout, it is an unlinked Section Marker placed in an Interior Elevation. Then I linked it to the Marker to the Ground Floor Viewpoint.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply,

In answer, Both linked and unlinked. And yes I advanced display order.

I think the issue may have been that the marker wasn't set to display on the correct floor.

Seems to be working for now....
Anonymous
Not applicable
For what I understand you can't cut a section on an elevation, which is a bummer. That's the best way to get wall sections on the envelope of a building for the understanding of the design. Hopefully they will include it in future versions.
Learn and get certified!