BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Section and Detail Marker Question.

victorg78
Participant

Hello all,

I would like to know if the same section/detail markers can be used in different layouts with different names using only one marker. Ex. Using one Elevation to show exterior faces of walls and calling out detail number and sheet and then using the same marker in a structural sheet and showing a different detail ID and sheet number. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

if i understood your question correctly, you intend to place one Elevation marker in plan that calls up 2 elevation drawings -- the first a normal Elevation, the second a "detail elevation"? both drawings have different numbers...

in short, no. markers can only call up one drawing. you could, instead, use two markers:

• the first one being the Source Marker - this could show your basic Elevation Drawing with the exterior faces of walls.
  • the second one being a Linked Marker that calls up the Structural drawings.

I'm not sure how you intend to do your Structural modelling, but if you intend to show a "Structural View" (drawing 2) version of the Elevation Drawing (drawing 1) with still using one marker placed in the same location, you can save two views from it. one for your normal Elevation view, the second one for your Structural View. each view will have its own Layer combination, Model View Option & Graphic Overrides. the Linked Marker will need to link to this second view & have it set to call up "first placed drawing". example below of a Linked Detail Marker. it'll be the same for your Linked Elevation Marker:

GerryLeonor_0-1706573941228.png

In the floor plan, can you show both the Source Marker & the Linked Marker? yes, as long as both have their layers turned on. you can have as many Linked Markers in as many drawings as you want, but you can only have one Source Marker.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

if i understood your question correctly, you intend to place one Elevation marker in plan that calls up 2 elevation drawings -- the first a normal Elevation, the second a "detail elevation"? both drawings have different numbers...

in short, no. markers can only call up one drawing. you could, instead, use two markers:

• the first one being the Source Marker - this could show your basic Elevation Drawing with the exterior faces of walls.
  • the second one being a Linked Marker that calls up the Structural drawings.

I'm not sure how you intend to do your Structural modelling, but if you intend to show a "Structural View" (drawing 2) version of the Elevation Drawing (drawing 1) with still using one marker placed in the same location, you can save two views from it. one for your normal Elevation view, the second one for your Structural View. each view will have its own Layer combination, Model View Option & Graphic Overrides. the Linked Marker will need to link to this second view & have it set to call up "first placed drawing". example below of a Linked Detail Marker. it'll be the same for your Linked Elevation Marker:

GerryLeonor_0-1706573941228.png

In the floor plan, can you show both the Source Marker & the Linked Marker? yes, as long as both have their layers turned on. you can have as many Linked Markers in as many drawings as you want, but you can only have one Source Marker.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

@Gerry Leonor Thank you for your response, I will give that a try.

Learn and get certified!