BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section default settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set up in my template a custom Dimension setup in Options/Project Preferences. I use it almost exclusively.
I have views set up for most plan views already. What I would like to do is set up my section tool to assume this dimension preset as well as a different scale. I can't seem to get a favorite to "save" this setup.
Are my options to drop a section line down on the plan and Alt+click to draw after that? Doesn't seem right.

Using V1010, Win XP
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
There isn't. The dimension style is saved into the View defined in your View Map.

You cannot pre-define a favorite Dimension Style any more than you can pre-define a Layer Combination to use for the section.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Tom,

I understand what you mean. I didn't mention Layer combo but that would apply also. I was trying to get things as auto as possible.
When you place a section down it populates in the view sets automatically and it would be nice to have a way to have that preset.
__archiben
Booster
Chris wrote:
When you place a section down it populates in the view sets automatically and it would be nice to have a way to have that preset.
what you're talking about is the use of clones in your viewsets - and you can do what you're talking about with clones . . . although be warned: they come with their own set of quirky usability issues.

if you clone a project map section (plans, section/elevations, details) you can set the view settings of all viewpoints contained within that clone by changing the settings of the clone icon itself - much like being able to set the publishing properties of all layouts contained within one folder.

all newly created viewpoints will then automatically populate the clone folder and inherit that folder's settings . . . of which dimensions (and layer combinations) are a part . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!