Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section marker Pen color is wrong in Layouts

alexliz23
Booster

I have added a View into a Layout. The Drawing is to show with its own Colors ('Defined by Pen Set'). The View is saved with the Graphic Override option to make all pens black. And yet, the Section lines maintain their own color. Am I missing something?

Basically the whole drawing is showing correctly, all the pen colors are switched to black, as per my GO rule. But the Section lines keep their own color, set from the Plan view. But in Plan view, when I select the particular View (ie with the GO rule enabled) the Section lines show correctly, in black. Just not in Layout.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you show a few screenshots?

1. How the Source View looks.

2. The View Settings.

3. How it looks on the Layouts.

4. The Drawing Settings of View placed on the Layout.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
alexliz23
Booster

Hi Laszlo, thanks for jumping in. Please see below screenshots of both the View source and the Layout screen, with their respective settings.

I have amended the thread title to reflect that it's only the Section Markers that show in the wrong Pen, not the lines themselves. My apologies.

View.png

Layout.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

That is interesting. Now, if you right -click the Drawing on the Layout and activate the "Open Source View" command, the Source View opens.

Are the Sections still blue now in that opened Source View?

• If they are, then I believe the settings of the Source View are not what you think they are. Or, the View you think is the Source View of the Drawing is not really the Source View.
  • If they are not, that this may be a bug as I cannot think of any other reason for the color change.
alexliz23
Booster

Hi again Laszlo, thanks for the reply. I had already done the 'round-trips' between Source (Plan) view and Layout and yes, it shows all black (ie correctly) in Plan view. It's a bug.

I wonder if anyone else can replicate this on their setup. If you use Graphic Overrides to switch Pen color for your section markers, do they show correctly in Layout?

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

OK, I will report it to GS HQ as a bug.

By the way, are you on the latest update (27.2.0)?

alexliz23
Booster

🙏👍

PS Yes, I am.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

It is working for me.

Can you show a screen shot of your Graphic Override rule settings?

Maybe you are not overriding the foreground and background pen colours for the fill (drafting fills)?

BarryKelly_0-1712544150763.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
alexliz23
Booster

Hi Barry, thanks for your reply. My GO is using a single rule, which turns everything except my DPC and VCL to black:

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 07.48.08.png

If I switch the background colour as well, like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 07.48.18.png

that results in something different to what I want in Plan view:

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 07.48.24.png

My rule, as already configured, works correctly for my needs. But it simply 'misses' the Section Markers in Layout only (works fine in Plan view).

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

It seems as soon as you add any 'Pen does not contain' criteria, the section lines lose the GO, but only in the layout.

And only the section line marker (head) the section line still does get overridden.

But in your case the marker seems to be overridden (at least the fill and text) but the section line is not

I don't know why this is the case.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11