Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sheet Index

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to work out how to link a revision number to the Sheet Index so that it automatically updates when a new revision is made.

• How do I create a linked revision number?
• Where is this revision number edited?
• How do I link this revision number to the Sheet Index?
28 REPLIES 28
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So here's what I learned..

The PUBLISH status occurs AT THE TIME of hitting PUBLISH... so the INDEX in ARCHICAD environment will NEVER SHOW ANY PUBLISHED LAYOUTS... But, when you hit PUBLISH the status is CALCULATED and the index PRINTS to PDF as you would expect...

Not very useful if you need to plan your sheet layout around the length of your index, but it does work.

Once you've published, it will display in the INDEX WINDOW correctly (for the LAST PUBLISH INSTANCE).. Next time you publish, it will update again...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Thanks - will try! Was hoping to get sheet index up long enough in the drawing's source view to export as a text file to send elsewhere. (bid docs, front end).

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Caution: Extra Cheesy Work Around Alert

I also learned that each LAYOUT has a STATUS where you can just type in any text... I suppose if you go thru each layout and apply the status PUBLISHED, you could "fake" it...

I'll admit, this is a horrible workaround and wrought with potential error...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Andy Thomson
Advisor
Hmm. Status - saw that in the list of options but didn't know where to enter it...
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Select layout (hmmm... maybe you can select many at once?) [Yes, you can!]

LAYOUT SETTINGS

TAGS AND CATEGORIES

STATUS
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
andyro wrote:
Thanks - will try! Was hoping to get sheet index up long enough in the drawing's source view to export as a text file to send elsewhere. (bid docs, front end).

A
I should mention that just after you PUBLISH your layouts, you can go back to the INDEX and they will display as just published... but as soon as you do something else, it's go blank again.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Andy Thomson
Advisor
Yes exactly. IMO that is a BUG not desired behaviour.
Director
Barry Kelly
andyro wrote:
Yes exactly. IMO that is a BUG not desired behaviour.
Not really.
If you haven't published your layouts how can Archicad tell you what is going to be published?
It would be like knowing the Lotto numbers before the draw - that would be nice though.

I agree though it should continue to show the last published layouts.
Or maybe there should be a way of showing what is set to be published - I can't say if this is possible or not as I don't actually use it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Andy Thomson
Advisor
It should show the last published set. Until the next published set. Full stop. At present - you leave the page and come back and it disappears to nothing published. That's like erasing footprints from the snow.
Director