BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Show wall cavities in renovation filter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have been toying around with the graphic overrides in the renovation filters trying to find a workaround to a problem I have been having, to no avail.

What I am after is on composite walls i.e brickwork/wall cavity/timber frame is that when the override is set to a solid fill of the particular instance (in this case planned statuss override, all new elements set to a black solid fill, existing set to show as normal) the composite wall is completely filled.

Is there a workaround to display only the solid components of the wall as a fill and not the cavity, so as to show it is a composite wall. At the moment the entire wall is filled so it does not indicate it is a composite wall.

I have tried a few different overide rules involving cavity material, but to no avail. Is the result I am after possible?

Thanks for your time.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
This is the way i have it set up.

My cavity Building Material uses and empty fill with a transparent background pen and a white foreground (hatch) pen.
This appears as an empty pen on plan.
With a Graphic Override that turns all fills to solid, the cavity will become white, so long as you do not override the foreground pen colour in the override.
When printing the white pen will not print.

If ever I do want solid filled cavities as well, then I just create a new override rule that changes the foreground pen colour as well.
The entire wall will become this override colour.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry,

In the meantime I have manufactured another workaround which is to create a new building material to be used specifically for renovation work, simply a timber stud wall duplicate material with a black fil, and created new relevant composites. With the graphic override of our renovation filters set to empty fill's on existing elements, it now displays as required with the new status elements displaying their set (black) fills.

Thank you though!
Learn and get certified!