BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Spot level marker with offset height

Paul King
Advisor
I am trying to place a number of plan view spot level markers that give levels of nodes on a mesh or slab with respect to the current story of the marker, not the absolute level

How can I achieve this?

Fooling around with the spot level 'elevation value origin' parameter in info box seems to make no difference at all to spot level figures generated. In the example below, with 'elevation value set to current story' the mesh is slightly below the current story, so I would expect the spot levels should all be generating negative figures. At least that is the intention.

However whatever elevation value origin basis I select (even sea level, which is tens of meters below), the spot level figures don't change with new or already placed levels.

Is this a bug?

How do I get spot levels where the current story is a local zero datum (without messing up the origin for levels used elsewhere in project, for example in cross sections)?

Noting that pet pallet correctly reads z values in accordance with 'elevation value origin' setting, even as I am placing spot markers - but spot markers stubbornly reflect only height above 'project zero' story.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
2 REPLIES 2
Paul King
Advisor
Found a nasty workaround that will work for a single story that is different to project zero story only

Start by setting Options/Project Preferences/Reference Levels, then giving '2nd reference level' as the height of your chosen story above project zero, added to sea level story (result will generally be negative if sea level is negative).

Then place spot level markers with gravity mode on, for mesh/roof/slab

AFTER spot levels is in place, select just the spot level text, click the small triangle/expander to swap default 'measured value' to 'custom', at which point a new clickable triangle/expander option appears on right hand side of dialog, in which there are some autotext options available.

Select the 'to second reference level' option, and now the intended level displays

This workaround is of no use at all if you need to do anything similar on more than one story (there is only that one user customisable reference level available) , so a proper solution still required!
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Lingwisyer
Guru
The text box being independent of the spot level itself is such a pain...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!