Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Stair Break Numbering

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

I have overlapping stairs of which I have set Below / Above Break Mark: Visible. This limits how much of the stair is drawn and the numbering coincides. The issue is that the the cut treads are numbered for both stairs resulting in an overlap of the text. Is there some setting to not number these treads, or do I need to resort to a white fill?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
I have the solution for that in the library.
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=73001

I actually created another GDL object called 'numbering'. There you can control how many digits to hide below and above breakmark. Also there is a future, that let to set level of step 1 in the building, then all next steps numbers will grow accordingly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately there does not seem to be an option to stop the numbering at a certain point.

However there is an option to label components (i.e. stair treads).

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89116/

I just tried quickly in a default 25 template and it seems it would work, but I have no favourite set up for the tread step index.

I am not sure if it is a section only thing or if it will work in plan as well.
It seems it will label all of the treads but you can delete the ones you don't want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
It does work in plan.

It seems the favourite is simply an autotext label set to show the tread step index.
But it seems you have to have a tread (finish) on the stair - it can be zero thickness, but there needs to be a tread.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
I have the solution for that in the library.
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=73001

I actually created another GDL object called 'numbering'. There you can control how many digits to hide below and above breakmark. Also there is a future, that let to set level of step 1 in the building, then all next steps numbers will grow accordingly.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Hey Alexey,

Is it possible to use your objects in AC22? I managed to back save the relevant numbering objects, the object 2D generates, but I have not figured out how to back save your custom MVOs, which I assume is the reason the parameters themselves do not generate. Do your custom MVO settings use any AC23 specific commands?

Ling.

Podolsky
Ace
Lingwisyer wrote:
Hey Alexey,

Is it possible to use your objects in AC22? I managed to back save the relevant numbering objects, the object 2D generates, but I have not figured out how to back save your custom MVOs, which I assume is the reason the parameters themselves do not generate. Do your custom MVO settings use any AC23 specific commands?

Ling.
I don't think I used specific GDL commands for version 23. To save MVO to version 22 you probably need to use built-in GDL converter by Graphisoft (that converts XML to GDL and back).
Take a look inside the scripts. Password the same as UK version of template and library: 'neilsmith'

If you are interested only in this numbering object - you probably can modify the script. I'm using global font and text size. Also all parameters for 2D representation (linetypes, pens) controlled by MVO.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Rightio. I will see if I can unlink your numbering object from the MVOs before I try the XML converter. I always have issues with it...

Thanks,
Ling.