BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Static VS associated dimensions

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am dimensioning to a zone on schematic site plan. Static dimension check box is off on the dimension dialogue box, so I would assume it would become associative.
Dimension to cornerns of the zone. However, when I adjust the zone size, dimension does not move and update with it. Does associative actually work with everything,or only certain elements.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I don't think dimensioning to zones is associative, and I think it is because of they way zones are updated.

The best way to know if a dimension is associated is when you place it. As you click to place dimensions nodes, you create temporary reference points. If these points show up as circles they are associative and as squares if they are not associative, or static.

Once the dimension is placed, you can hover over the markers of the dimension string and the associated element (if any) will be highlighted. Of course you'll need highlighting turned on in your Work Environment.

Cheers,
Link.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Oh well, another good idea (or so I thought) turns out not to be such a good idea.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Learn and get certified!