Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stretch External Drawing with reference points

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way to stretch an external drawing or figure using several reference points?

I am currently working on a project where I need archival material to line up with digital drawings. While the digital drawings are exact, the archival material often consists of photos rather than scans, making them slightly distorted. Because of the distortion, I need something more complex than the Resize or Stretch functions which (as far as I know?) only stretches/scales the drawings in one direction.

I know that AutoCAD has a function which allows you to stretch an external drawing in multiple directions using reference points - is there any similar function in ArchiCAD? I have not been able to find anything like this so far, using ArchiCAD 19.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Attach XREF Dialog has options to stretch separately in the X and Y directions.
So just make sure that your external drawing is in DWG or DXF format and you can use the Attach XREF command to place it into your Project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27