BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stretch cladding in composite wall to cover edge of slab

KeesW
Advocate
What is the easiest way to stretch claddings of composite walls to, e.g., cover edges of slabs, or roof spaces, etc.. One can use a separate thin wall as cladding, or one can extend the whole composite wall to the underside of the floor and than trim it using solid element operations, or one can use stronger rated materials for floors so that it cuts automatically, etc.but these methods are not always flexible enough. It would be much easier if one could simply select the cladding in elevations or sections and pull it down, or up, to where it is required. Is this possible?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
KeesW wrote:
It would be much easier if one could simply select the cladding in elevations or sections and pull it down, or up, to where it is required. Is this possible?
No this is not possible.
I find the extra wall is the easiest - height can be easily stretched if needed.
Or you can create a complex profile wall but the overlap height will still not be stretchy.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
You can do this now with AC22's Profile Modifiers. Though bit inconvenience by the fact that, in 3D, you can only modify one wall at a time, and you have to do it via a cross-section of the profile, so if the skin in question is thin, it can be rather troublesome to select the Profile Modifier. They can be modified across the board via the Settings Dialogue so if you know the offset, this way is easy enough.

Ling

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!