Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sun Shadows as Viewed in the Floor Plan in 3d or 3d Doc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Fairly busy, but I have done a little due diligence- this forum, You Tube et el- and I apologise in advance if the issue I have has a known solution.

Scenario ... Sun shadows for study, 3D window, shadows shown at desired time, top down view, cutting plane at above window head height, save as a screen shot or 3d doc,.

Question is.. is there any way, or work around, to show how the shadows would be displayed if the roof were to be on with eaves overhang etc., but obviously the roof is below the cut plane for visual reasons.

Hope this makes and thanks in advance

Cheers
Nick
Archicad START2019 NZE
Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you building is relatively simple, could you set all of your walls to Symbolic Cut then set the roof to wireframe? Your cut plane is then above everything.

Just a thought, have not tried...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
DGSketcher
Legend
Could you achieve your objective with overlaid views in a layout. Place first view with roof shadows etc. place second view on top with transparent background and possibly cropped to the building outline?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ling and DGSketcher, I will try out the suggestions and report back.

Cheers