Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Survey Angles Broken???

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the first time in quite a while I have needed to lay out some site features based on surveyor's units for the angles.

It seems that this feature is broken in AC17. When I attempt to enter the angle in the tracker (or the coordinates palette) the input is ignored and the line is drawn at whatever arbitrary angle is defined by the last position of the cursor. IOW, numeric input for surveyor's angles is not working.

I went back to AC16 and found the same thing. I had to create a file in AC15 to layout the lines and then copy/paste them into 17 to get the job done.

Am I missing something or has this feature actually been broken for two versions?
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
Matthew, it works fine for me in 16. I haven't tried in 17 yet, since I am holding off for the promised hotfix before switching.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Matthew:

Not a problem here, what are the exact steps you are using?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Surveyor's units do appear to be broken. You'll have to convert to angles in Working units and then change the display back to Surveyors units. I have a spreadsheet for converting the Northing etc to 360 degree values if you are interested.