BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

TRANSFER LAYER COMBINATIONS BETWEEN JOBS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a number of jobs all with the exact same set of layers. When I first started these jobs I was unaware of layer combinations, so I do not have any combinations set up in my earlier jobs . Is there an easier way to transfer these layer combo's than manually creating each combination one by one in each job? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
felcunha
Expert
Yes !
You can use the attribute manager (in Options -> Element attributes -> Attribute manager...) to do it.
Open the project from which you want the layer combinations to be copied from, and open the attribute manager.
Once you've opened it, go to the Layer Combinations button, you'll see two windows: in the left one with the combinations of your project, in the right an empty one. Select the combos you want to copy on the left window and click on the button By name... then you'll click on the button Save as... you'll generate an attribute manager file (ext .aat).
In the project you want to import your combinations, do the same, click on the right window then on the Open... button. Select the combos you want and click on the button Append...
That's done ! take a look into the other sections of the window, you'll find you can manage a lot of attributes between your projects !
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
felcunha
Expert
Yes !
You can use the attribute manager (in Options -> Element attributes -> Attribute manager...) to do it.
Open the project from which you want the layer combinations to be copied from, and open the attribute manager.
Once you've opened it, go to the Layer Combinations button, you'll see two windows: in the left one with the combinations of your project, in the right an empty one. Select the combos you want to copy on the left window and click on the button By name... then you'll click on the button Save as... you'll generate an attribute manager file (ext .aat).
In the project you want to import your combinations, do the same, click on the right window then on the Open... button. Select the combos you want and click on the button Append...
That's done ! take a look into the other sections of the window, you'll find you can manage a lot of attributes between your projects !
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Learn and get certified!