BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Tag scales - view map vs layout book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm a little confused about scaling door, window, section and elevation tags in Archicad.

I just finished setting up a template for Archicad for use in our office and I setup a bunch of pre-made view maps of plans, and all of them have a scale of 1/4" = 1'-0".

Now this will work fine on small projects, but on large projects (one that we are doing now), the scale of all of the plans will be at 1/8" = 1'-0". So the view maps were put on a layouts and the scale was changed on the settings in the layout so that the "Drawing Scale" is 1/8" and the "Original Scale" is 1/4".
I was under the impression that all annotation (dimensions, section marks, door tags, etc..) would rescale and show at the "Point" (Pt) that they are set at. However, all of the text is not reading at the 6.75 Pt set in the settings, but instead is 50% of that. Is there a setting somewhere to change this, or do i have to go and change the scale in each and every Viewmap to 1/8"=1'-0"?

Please give me a brief description of how this all works and the best way to handle this in an office template.

Thanks in advanced.
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
As a rule you never change the scale on the drawing placed on the Layout.

The one you change is for the saved view in the View Map.

-----
The procedure you are following is correct. An option is to save one set of Views at 1/8 and another at 1/4 with the same for the Layouts. When you start a project then you delete the set that is not needed and keep working.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!