BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Tags & Categories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check out Tim Bell's fantastic youtube tutorial in integration of labeling and specification in AC 18 using the generic label tool. However in AC19 it seems like the 'tags & catagories' label tool is the one to use. When I Symbol tool/symbol label/select parameters/display all/select sorting, none of the tags & categories including IFC properties are available bar the renovation t&c which does not concern me. How do I get the t&c of a given element to show in the label tool? I want the label to show only the ID and the contents of my own custom Pset which then relates to the spec schedule a la Tim Bell. To do this I would also need to be able to turn off IFC type, Archicad IFC ID, and GlobalID which are greyed out. Help please. Thanks. Hugh
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The reason most of the Tags and Categories parameters are not available is that before placement the Label displays default settings. At that point the Label doesn't know what element it is assigned to so it cannot show you the Tags and Categories parameters (including its custom IFC properties) of the element.

Place the Label with the Associative geometry method, then select it and you will have all those parameters available.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!