BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text Width making all text overlap and shift

victorg78
Participant

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has had the issue where I have to use 75% width as our standard format coming from Autocad and now using Archicad and the same width is making my text overlap when exiting the editing text box. I would greatly appriciate any tips.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 144404.pngScreenshot 2024-02-21 144410.png

3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

Check your Tab Stops?

Oh, your images are showing the formatting changing when you exit...

AC version? There has been version specific text bugs in the past.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly

Looks like you are not using TAB points to control the arrangement of your text.

BarryKelly_3-1708564956791.png

Maybe that will help.

This is a little different to just using the TAB key to space the text by set amounts.

Or maybe it is the 75% width that is messing things up.

That will affect the automatic TAB spacing (just pressing the TAB key), but should not affect the TAB points.

You do have to add them for each line, but they are easy to place and move around.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for the suggestion, It seems its beyond tab points. When i type lets say a few paragraphs, and exit out of the text box it appears to be ok but lets say i seem to move around and come back to the text box and I have now zoomed out or in, the text is shows different in the text box and I continue to type, it still overlaps or shifts and is not aligned anymore. Tried the copy paste method from Word and still nothing. I could just make the text in AutoCAD and bring in as PDF but then our text wouldn't be uniform with the rest of the teamwork project.

Learn and get certified!