Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text affected by change of view scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
The scale of the floor plan for a building I am working on is 3/32" = 1'-0".

I am using views of portions of wall sections to create construction details, changing the view scale in view settings to 1 1/2" = 1"0".

When I do this, al the text, grid line markers, arrow heads on angle dimensions, etc. shrink to the point where they cannot be read. What is the most efficient way to get the test etc. to an appropriate size at the new scale.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michael:

Create a new layer for each scale being used, then assign the documentation elements, with the correct size settings, to those layers, then create a Layer Combination for each scale, and assign that Layer Combination to each View. Documentation elements are sized by paper (Layout), not real world (Model), dimensions.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any chance of getting a step by step procedure with screen shots, for a learner, because I find it hard to follow.

Cheers
Scotty
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Text and dimensions and gridmarkers scale to your layout output. So if it says 2 mm for fontsize, that is the output on the layout, provided you have the placed drawing at 100% scale.

Set up views or better yet clones in the viewmap with layercombination, scale, pen set, renovation status, model view settings, etc

Place these saved views on a layout.

If you have a large difference in scale (1:100 to 1:50 for example), you might want to make different layers for your annotation (text, dimensions, etc) so you can space out dimension lines, move text etc.

Watch some tutorial videos: https://youtu.be/uEn-6tVKrGg?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWXSWYyEfaKS2c2RdCubarpU
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5