Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text disappears in AC25 when zoom?

Anders Juul DK
Contributor

Hi

After installing Archicad on our MAC, we've had a problem with the text partially disappearing as we zoom in and out of the drawing!

I have a Macbook Pro and 2 extra 27 "screens. It is only on the 2 extra screens that it appears.

And it has not been a problem on AC24 or other older versions!

Video: https://youtu.be/VM3EaVkY1Vg

/Anders

50 REPLIES 50

This is a little different from my experience.  No matter how I change the resolution or the refresh rate on my Samsung 34", the issue is immediately apparent just by zooming in and out on a text-heavy view or layout.  The problem is pervasive and consistent.  Its a huge liability in using the software, not something I only notice after a few hours.  I have had to completely change the way I interact with the software.

Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Frillex
Advocate

We installed the latests Archicad 25 update yesterday and the problems is exists. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

We are running on Archicad 25 5010, and the issue is still apparent. Really disruptive when we are trying to take quick screen shot or zooming in during a meeting and half of the text/dimensions go missing. 

AC25

MacBook Pro 2019 

OS Big Sur 11.6.1

2.4GHz 8 Core Intel Core i9 

32GB Ram 

8GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

AC25
MacBook Pro 2019 
OS Big Sur 11.6.1
2.4GHz 8 Core Intel Core i9 
32GB Ram 
8GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Yes, screenshoting is very difficult with this bug. The workaround I have found is to draw out a marquee, print that to PDF and then either use it as is or screenshot the PDF.  Really looking forward to the fix on this.

Chazz
Enthusiast

Wondering if any of the beta testers or early adopters have seen this issue fixed in V26.  Please speak up!

Chazz, 

I've been using AC26 with one project for a week or so now, and I can definitely say "yes" this issue has been fixed.  Of course, this is just for me, and I've only tried AC26 on a single project.

It's still broken on AC25, and for users that are not on the subscription model, it's got to be frustrating to hear this because somehow Graphisoft fixed it, but haven't said a peep about AC25 getting a fix.

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9
PDXsteve
Contributor

This still appears to be a problem. Have I missed a solution buried in this thread?

Chazz
Enthusiast

@PDXsteve, I think the best solution to date appears to be to upgrade to V26.  

I have the same issue in Archicad 24 on windows 10. 

Eugene1_0-1668567663975.png

Eugene1_1-1668567685127.png

We just did, but now we have other text related problems...

But it's much better problems to have then not seeing the text.

AC 26, OS MONTEREY