Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text leading AC 25 not the same with AC 26

qingdom
Enthusiast

Hello,

I was using AC 25 and created some text parts, many.

Now i moved to AC 26 and the same leading that in AC25 was 100, now in AC25 still with 100 the text jums out of the page. It would take a lot of time to change all the pages and text to shrink the text.

Why the leading in AC 26 is not the same with AC 25 even if the number is the same, 100?

How can i fix this, if it is a bug, or to change all text in Archicad leading at the same time?

Thanks

AC27 INT | WIN10
3 REPLIES 3
Botonis
Advisor

Check this post:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Archicad-26-Update-4004-Preview-Antialising-BUG/m-p... 

See the comments of Barry Kelly about the text problems when migrating. It is not just you if this is the case!

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Yes, i see there is a problem for others too. I have the problem with the text getting outside the border/contour/mismatch etc.

He speaks about some registry to edit? I can't see that post or am i missing?

AC27 INT | WIN10

This is the fix:

he legacy text engine is still available in Archicad 26 and can be activated by a Registry entry. I do not recommend stepping on this way and warn you that the legacy text engine will be removed in a later version. To activate it, open Registry Editor, navigate to HKCU\Software\Graphisoft\Debug, add a new Key (folder) here with the name TextEngine and add a new DWORD under it with the name useUniscribe and value 1 (see attached image of this). The same can be achieved by opening a Command Prompt with administrator rights and running the following command:

Code: Select all

REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Graphisoft\Debug\TextEngine /v useUniscribe /t REG_DWORD /d 1

This is a per user setting so if you have multiple accounts on a computer working with Archicad, this Registry modification has to be done for all of them. Archicad must be restarted after.

You can check the post about text bug here:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Fonts-displaying-incorrectly-after-movi... 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.