Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

The zone interface is closed. What should I do?

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

After specifying two properties that I made in zone label, it became like this in all programs.
What should I do?

LeeJaeYoung_1-1684038249191.png

LeeJaeYoung_0-1684038223471.png

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If you have an independent Label, you can select it, then CTRL+click an element to associate the Label to the element. In the case of a Zone, it is best to select the Label, then CTRL+click the Zone Insertion Point (looks like a + sign, but appears only when the Zone was placed with either the "Inner Edge" or "Reference Line" geometry method) or the Zone Boundary polygon to create the association.

If you have an associated Label, you can select it, right-click and use the "Convert to Independent Label" command of the context menu to make it independent again.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShaunTaylor
Booster

Hi,

From what it looks like there, the wall might be labelled instead of the zone. I don't think this label can be used on a wall. If you hold shift then hover over the label, you will see another element highlight in blue. If the wall highlights, then it means that label is associated with the wall and not the zone.

If you are trying to label the zone, use the eyedropper to pick up the label hover the zone until it highlights blue and then click to label. Delete the old label.

Cheers,

Shaun.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

thank you.^^
I've noticed that once a label is created in an unlinked state, it cannot be changed.
It said that I had to change it only in the label setting.

AC27 on window 11
Solution

If you have an independent Label, you can select it, then CTRL+click an element to associate the Label to the element. In the case of a Zone, it is best to select the Label, then CTRL+click the Zone Insertion Point (looks like a + sign, but appears only when the Zone was placed with either the "Inner Edge" or "Reference Line" geometry method) or the Zone Boundary polygon to create the association.

If you have an associated Label, you can select it, right-click and use the "Convert to Independent Label" command of the context menu to make it independent again.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

thank you so much ^^

AC27 on window 11