BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Titke Block missing on Published layout book sheet set

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using ArchiCAD 12 and have all my sheets in layout book, when I go to publish this set of sheets the title block is not on the PDFs created. The title block appears in the layout book sheets and has a specific master layout selected in the settings box, please advise? I am not new to publishing and title blocks and master settings, this is the first time the title block ahs not appeared on my published set. I am not the original creator of these blocks and placement so .. I cannot recount my steps, so to speak..
Thank You.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
have you checked that the layer on which the title block is drawn is turned on? sometimes the title block information is placed on a layer that isn't ArchiCAD layer and it gets turned off...? dunno, I used to have this problem quite often with some of our users.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I gather this happens when you use publisher.

Does it also happen when you print to PDF? If not then it probably is a layer setting connected with the publisher set. If it does happen when printing I would suspect a bug (which seems unlikely) or a problem with the PDF engine.

Are you on Windows? (PDF is rarely a problem on Macs since it's built into the OS.)
Barry Kelly
I have had the same problem on occasion.
It seems that drawings place on a master file do not updtate and do not show on the PDF (I always publish to PDF) but lines and text on the same master show up just fine.
I have also found that the same master used on susequent pages publishes to PDF just fine.
It seems to be the first time the titleblock drawing is published it hasn't updated in time but is fine for the rest of the pages in a merged multi-pgae PDF.
And it is only sometimes and did seem worse in version 12 but I have had reports of it since in later versions.
At least this is my experience.

The only solution I have found is to force the Masters to update by right clicking on the Masters folder in the Layouts section of the Project Map before you publish the PDF.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!