Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Tool Bar Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a two part question, I'm using AC23 and can't find the tools shown in the attached image. Any idea what this is called?
Also how do you turn on the mouse arrow so it shows on screen what the icon is? In other words the mouse has a small pop up as you slide across different tools. It was in AC22 and somehow turned off in AC23.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question!

These commands are called "... Constraint". In some language versions, these buttons are placed in the default Work Environment. If you don't have them as default, there are many ways to use them:

- If you don't want to modify your Toolbar, simply go to Window > Palettes > Control Box. This palette will include those constraints

- If you want them to be visible in the toolbar, navigate to Options > Work Environment > Toolbars, select which toolbar you are using or want to edit under Create or Edit Toolbar:, and sort commands by All commands in alphabetical order. Type Constraint in the search bar, then drag-and-drop commands from one panel to the other.

To answer your question about why the popup text is missing, to be honest we haven't found out why sometimes it happens. To solve this issue, please perform a Preferences Cleaning. Please note that this will reset ARCHICAD's Preferences and Work Environment, so please make backups before following the guide.

I hope this will answer your question! Let me know if you have any further issues!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question!

These commands are called "... Constraint". In some language versions, these buttons are placed in the default Work Environment. If you don't have them as default, there are many ways to use them:

- If you don't want to modify your Toolbar, simply go to Window > Palettes > Control Box. This palette will include those constraints

- If you want them to be visible in the toolbar, navigate to Options > Work Environment > Toolbars, select which toolbar you are using or want to edit under Create or Edit Toolbar:, and sort commands by All commands in alphabetical order. Type Constraint in the search bar, then drag-and-drop commands from one panel to the other.

To answer your question about why the popup text is missing, to be honest we haven't found out why sometimes it happens. To solve this issue, please perform a Preferences Cleaning. Please note that this will reset ARCHICAD's Preferences and Work Environment, so please make backups before following the guide.

I hope this will answer your question! Let me know if you have any further issues!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
That really helped! Thanks very much.
Barry Kelly
A.Pass wrote:
Also how do you turn on the mouse arrow so it shows on screen what the icon is? In other words the mouse has a small pop up as you slide across different tools. It was in AC22 and somehow turned off in AC23.

Go to the HELP menu and you should see an option for "Hide Tooltips".
If you see this then tool tips should show - if they don't then there is some other cause.

If it says "Show Tooltips" then you will need to select it to turn the tips on.

If you are seeing a small empty oval for the tooltip then there was a problem many years ago to do with the text scaling in Windows OS.
You need to make sure it is set to 100% - many with Hi-res monitors set it to a higher value to make the text larger.

See … https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25254&start=10#p165279

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This worked perfectly, didn't see the comment from April.

Thanks!