Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unable to resize text graphically

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Does anyone know why I cannot resize text graphically in some views and able to in others? I have checked all the text default settings and there seems to be no difference between ones that I can resize and others that I cannot. In the case of the text annotations that cannot be resized, no pet pallets open when clicking on corner points. I am at a loss to explain why this is happening and wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. AC23.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
7 REPLIES 7
Hello,

Is it a teamwork project ?
All your layers are unlock ?
Is not your text into a module ?
Did you desactivate the groups before editing your text ?
Is it possible that you text is locked (Edition/Lock/Unlock) ?
Do you have exactly the same mistake after having closed and opened your project ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
DGSketcher
Legend
I believe it is a known bug that was trapped & reported under Beta. I haven't had a problem with it until today. I've no idea what causes it. Make sure you report it to your dealer so it's not forgotten.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Thanks for your replies! I have discovered what is causing the issue:
When the text background (or Opaque toggle) is off, the text box can only be moved using the centre grip and no pet palette appears. WIth text background activated it is all back to normal.

I don't think I encountered this in AC22
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
DGSketcher - on a side note, I see you are using Catalina with AC23. It's been recommended to me to wait about 6 months before upgrading. Are you having any issues?
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

DGSketcher
Legend
It will depend on your set up. I am a one man band, so I can make my own choices and manage the consequences. I had accumulated rubbish from various apps over time and a number of files had 32 bit support issues which Apple chopped off in this release, so I made the decision to stop Apple nagging me to upgrade and started with a completely clean install of Catalina. I haven't had any recurring issues and very few crashes, certainly no more than previous releases.

If you do decide to do a clean install remember to make at least one backup of all your data, ideally one being a bootable clone, and don't forget to upload your license to the GS pool first whatever upgrade path you take.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Thanks DGSketcher!
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Barry Kelly
Rene wrote:
Thanks for your replies! I have discovered what is causing the issue:
When the text background (or Opaque toggle) is off, the text box can only be moved using the centre grip and no pet palette appears. WIth text background activated it is all back to normal.

I don't think I encountered this in AC22
I am not having any issues in 23, but I am on Windows not Mac.
With the quick selection (magnet) turned off, I can select the text (must be on a corner node or the center node), then I can click on any node and the pet palette will appear.

Or I can just hold the space bar (to toggle quick selection on), select the text anywhere and while still holding the space bar can click anywhere on the text to activate the pet palette.

For me 23 is exactly the same as any previous version.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11