Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Uniform Boundary @ Interior Elevations - baseboard & crown issues!

nhross
Contributor

Hi all, I am coming up with some frustration to getting my interior elevation boundary line to 'cooperate' across all interior elevations. The baseboard is a complex profile with a beam and shares the same fill as the wall, but the lower two corners do not clean up well and there are some lines left behind from the slab (?)....See close up shot and interior elevation setting snapshot for more detail.  

PS - I am including a  shot of a graphic override that turns the fill to a blank fill (white background). 

I would love to hear what people's workflow is for making interior elevations  self-maintaining! I feel like I am always having to redo work for these type of views and it is quite a waste of time...

Thanks so much!!Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 4.55.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 4.55.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 4.58.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 4.57.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 4.57.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 5.00.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 4.49.56 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4

Are your baseboards on a separate layer (layer intersection priority)?

On a standard section cut through the wall and baseboard do they join together or do they appear with a separating line?

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
nhross
Contributor

Hi Nathan,

The baseboards are on a separate layer, but your comment helps a lot because I think you are leading me in the correct direction. The problem I think is that in some cases the complex profile fill (the baseboard) differs from the the wall fill. To top off, the walls are not composite walls, they are just regular walls with different fills as a means to distinguish between existing and new walls. We do use renovation filters though. (see attached images)

I guess I am not understanding why a graphic override to change all fills to 'airspace', for example, would not fix the separation lines between the edges of the components that have different property fills...

Thanks again, and let me know if something comes to mind as a good direction to work around this issue.

-Nicole

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 6.12.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-09 at 6.11.52 PM.png
nhross
Contributor

To circle back on this....a perfect ...orthogonal drawing is required at all costs for interior elevations. An sometimes redrawing something that is just not cooperating correctly is key. click on the object, type 'a' and see what the angle you are working with.. 89.97 degrees just wont cut it!

Karl Ottenstein

This comment won't help you with the interior elevation tool... and to be honest, I did not fully read your post/review your images... But, personally, I've always used the normal section/elevation tool for interior elevations as I've found it more powerful in spite of requiring so many more steps than using the Interior Elevation tool.  Certainly no reason you can't use both .... using the IE tool where it works and section/elevation in situations where you can't coerce the IE tool to give the desired result.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB