Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Urgent: elevation and section markers in the Dalux Viewer

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

I know that ArchiCAD can produce pdfs with active links between markers and refered drawings. However in Dalux the pdf link doesn't work . Has anyone managed to get this working and can guide me I'll be very happy.
More specifically I want to use interior elevation markers to refer the the layout on which the IE is placed. Works in pdf but not so in Dalux.

Kind of panic here.
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
6 REPLIES 6
Dalux is a replacement solution for the excellent archicad bimX export. No need for third-party software. Archicad allows the export of the fully informed model + plans + sections + facades + 3D textures + shadows .... And all united in a single file whose elements are linked and spacialized

It' a free and an easy solution include into Archicad

What : https://bimx.archicad.com
How : https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/65681/
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Christophe wrote:
Dalux is a replacement solution for the excellent archicad bimX export. No need for third-party software. Archicad allows the export of the fully informed model + plans + sections + facades + 3D textures + shadows .... And all united in a single file whose elements are linked and spacialized

It' a free and an easy solution include into Archicad

What : https://bimx.archicad.com
How : https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/65681/
Dalux is all what BIMx should be. Dalux is the universe while BIMx is the backside of an obsolete undiscovered moon hidden in a black hole...kind of...ok a bit harsh... 😉

To be more concrete: the builders are driving the development in Sweden where I work. They coordinate and drive their production through Dalux (and Bluebeam), Solibri, Navis, BIM360 etc. Dalux is a BIMx for all disciplines - IFC and pdf in one streamed environment. BIMx was king back in the days when arch were the only ones delivering nice 3D. It's still the most stylish tool if you want to show your design.

Update on Dalux: the plugin for ArchiCAD to do the linking is on it's way (have been so fsince mid last year but they are forcing it more now). If the client is using Dalux's own cloud storage (Box) then Dalux can find and link the marker much like Bluebeam. Unfortunately the big builders have their own storage.
AC 25 SWE Full

OK why not
Did you ever use or try BimX and Dalux in a profesional environment ?
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Christophe wrote:
OK why not
Did you ever use or try BimX and Dalux in a profesional environment ?
Oh yes. BIMx is great and we use it regularly in early stages but as we progress to coordination and production it's not valid unless it's a small project aka local builder. I'd like to make more small cosy projects but we're mostly doing larger projects and it's a team effort between all the disciplines.
AC 25 SWE Full

There is nothing that I can not do with BimX (via development of a dedicated appendix tool), BimX is not a dark and forgotten tool of Graphisoft even if they are late in coming out of new version (in progress since the end of 2018). I invite you to take an interest in BimX development possibilities, you will quickly understand the power of the possibilities that Graphisoft offers to its users but also and especially to the developers;)

I hope that the "lab" version of BimX on iPad will soon be replaced by the new version I have been waiting for for too long (I was hoping for Christmas)
Christophe - FRANCE

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Christophe wrote:
There is nothing that I can not do with BimX (via development of a dedicated appendix tool), BimX is not a dark and forgotten tool of Graphisoft even if they are late in coming out of new version (in progress since the end of 2018). I invite you to take an interest in BimX development possibilities, you will quickly understand the power of the possibilities that Graphisoft offers to its users but also and especially to the developers;)

I hope that the "lab" version of BimX on iPad will soon be replaced by the new version I have been waiting for for too long (I was hoping for Christmas)
I know about the possibilities and also the lab version and recommend BIX strongly for communication from ArchICAD but my issue is project delivery driven from the builder. Two different things really.
AC 25 SWE Full