BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

View map - missin site plan and floor plan folders/ new layout for 25

Baylin
Participant

Hi, I am on the Archicad education version for my study and have just updated from version 24 to 25 and have had an issue with not having a site plan or floor plan folders and documents located within my view map. I have attached 2 images below showing what I mean that I am wanting to know how to get back? 

Or if the new update means I can no longer have that setup how would I go about using the new things?

Thank you 🙂 

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 12.53.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 12.52.50 PM.png

  

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

The views have to be set up manually, unless the view folder is a clone (has a little black arrow on it).

If it is a clone, the views will appear automatically based on the view points that you have in the View Map - you just have to re-name the views in the View Map clone folders.

BarryKelly_0-1655254624444.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you Barry, Is there a way to permenantely change it so I don't have to do this everytime I start a new document? Also is there a way to get it back to what it used to be? I cant seem to figure out how to make details or that either on this new thing

Baylin
Participant

I just want it back to normal and how I used to have it. My friend updated hers and she hasn't had this problem

The views are all saved in each file.

So if they are in your template, they will be there every time you start a new job from that template.

If they are not it the template, you will have to re-create them every time.

You can use any existing file you are happy with, open it and delete the model and annotation and then save that as a template if you do not have a decent template already.

When I say 'template' I do not mean you have to save as a .TMP (template) file.

It can just be a regular .PLN file that you open to start each job.

Having a good template with all views' layouts, publisher sets, pen sets, layers and layer combinations, graphic overrides, etc., etc., already set up, saves a lot of time in each new job you start.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!