BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall End object set to "Finish" classification or hide in certain views - is it possible?

EDIT_ARCH
Participant

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the classification of wall end objects.

I often use this tool to show the plaster/plasterboard finish to ends of internal walls or cladding finish wrapping around the end of external blade walls.

If i'm creating a set-out plan, or another view where I don't want to see finishes/claddings, the wall ends are still visible.

Is it possible to get them to be hidden when a "core-only" or "without finishes" option is selected in view settings?

I think I read that the wall-end tool is technically a window object, which would preclude it from being placed on a different layer to the wall, which could be hidden in layer combo.

Workarounds in the past have been to model them separately as a profile column (more work and fiddly) or placing a 2-d "patch" over every instance and manually adjusting the 2-d 🙄

Any suggestions on preferable/better workflows?

One possibility would be if AC had alternative in Model View Option to hide in plan, similar to what's there for doors, windows, skylights and openings...

I'm currently working in v24, 25 and 26. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

Hello Edit_arch
I have verified the wall end tool is sensitive to finishes. If you use the partial structure view option you will not have a problem hiding them.
I hope this helps you and you finish your work soon.
ARCHICAD_BICd2OnBFg.gif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

You are correct that wall end objects do not have there own layer.

Graphic Overrides will not work as you can not hide with GO.

But you can hide with Renovation Filters.

So if you are not using RF for their intended purpose, you should be able to set the wall end to a renovation status that you can hide.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

Hello Edit_arch
I have verified the wall end tool is sensitive to finishes. If you use the partial structure view option you will not have a problem hiding them.
I hope this helps you and you finish your work soon.
ARCHICAD_BICd2OnBFg.gif

EDIT_ARCH
Participant

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions!

It also reminded me again to check everything when working with other people's files...

I had thought to try the partial structure display options, and it didn't do what I thought it should, but reviewing the

responses and then file settings, realised it was because whoever set up the file/wall composites i was working with had incorrect settings for one

of the wall skins...

Learn and get certified!