Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall missing after Trim Elements To Roof/Shell

Johann_P
Advocate

I have a wall under a stair and used the "Trim Elements To Roof/Shell" in combination with a "roof" to let the wall follow the slope of the stair.

But now, some of the wall is missing on 3D & on Section, but it is still showing on plan.

I've highlighted the walls & roof in green, and show in yellow where the wall portion is missing in section & 3D but still show in plan.

Am I doing something wrong?

Archi180.jpg

Archi181.jpg

Archi182.jpg

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
4 REPLIES 4
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Try using Solid Elements Operation ,which may be better for your required end product. Even you don't have to draw any extra roof for that as same staircase bottom profile will work very well. Do try and let me know. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

You are not doing anything wrong - it has to do with how trim to roof works.

Trim to roof will constrain the 3D geometry of the wall to the projected area of the roof which in your case stops at the the connection roof-slab. However, the wall will still be shown in its full length in floor plan.

As Rajesh points out. A SEO using subtraction with upward extension is probably a better method here than using trim to roof.

Johann_P
Advocate

Thanks!

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000

You can show the projected area (or Trimming Body) under the roof in 3D by turning on the 'Trimming Bodies' option in your 'On-Screen Display' options.

They won't print if you leave them on.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11