Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall schedule fills changing to existing

Yvonne
Advocate

I will add fills to the annotation part of a wall schedule as "new" but when I save it, it will change to existing. Is this a bug? or have I clicked something? 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

A bit more detail would be helpful, maybe even an attached image?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Here are some screenshots of what's happening:

• I would add a fill (renovation filter is new) in the annotation view Annotation view - adding a fill.PNG
  • Save changes and exit annotation view -  this is what it looks like in the schedule Save view - it appears grey (existing).PNG
  • Click back into annotation view and the fill is now on an existing renovation filter. Annotation view after - the fill is existing.PNG

I would try to change it to new again but when I exit the annotation view it would change back to existing itself. 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I see what is happening.

I don't know if it is a bug, a limitation, it is by design, or else. I will forward it to Graphisoft anyway.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your problem with the annotation in Schedules.

As far as I know, this is a limitation of the annotation elements. At the moment, we can't assign a renovation status to the annotation. Our development team is aware of this issue, however fixing this would bring many design questions, so it's not an easy one to implement,

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any further issues!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

Yes, please the design team know that this issue is quite frustrating. 

I don't need to be able to assign renovation filters to the annotation elements, just for it to not revert to something that I haven't drawn it as. The only work around I have been able to do is to draw fills on top of the schedule on the layout. 

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to stop the fills from reverting to an existing renovation filter so I don't need to draw fills that might jump when the schedule changes (more error for mistakes!).