Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Walls sticking out in 3D view

mollens
Contributor

281393476_2859475047692217_2170764817143092569_n.png

Hello. Im having trouble with walls sticking out while viewing in 3D. While viewing the sliced view, this problem doesnt show. Anyone has any idea to what is causing it?

3 REPLIES 3
martinij
Booster

I have the same problem sometimes. It seemes to happen when two walls are parallell with the reference line touching the other (as in the image below). It often helps to have the reference line not touching the other wall. It's rather annoying since it's practical to have the reference linje following the other wall so you can change composite and easely trace the other wall. It also exports to IFC so it's not purely a bug in the view in Archicad.

martinij_0-1653287898910.png

Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
JOTHOMAS
Participant

Try changing one of the walls to a different layer and also changing the number (it can be any other number not matching the layer of the another wall element) in the layer settings as noted in the screenshot. I noticed this can get around this bug.

JOTHOMAS_0-1653320575333.png

I agree with Martin. Other times, but not always, it happens when the intersecting walls dont have the same height and interact with other existing elements.