BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

We use A3 scale and A1 scale in drawing list. Is there a way to display both in the Sheet Index?

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

We use A3 scale and A1 scale in drawing list.
Is there a way to display both in the Sheet Index?

AC27 on window 11
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

A3 and A1 are not scales - they are sheet sizes.

You can add the layout 'Size' to the fields if you are doing a layout index.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1683554560061.png

LeeJaeYoung_1-1683554559946.png

I'm thinking of doing the drawing on A1 and working on A3 with 50%. however
There should be both original Scale and drawing Scale, but I asked because it doesn't seem to work.

AC27 on window 11
DGSketcher
Legend

I find this drawing practice really annoying. A drawing is prepared to be displayed at a certain scale, if the viewer chooses to display / print it at 50% or even 200% it is up to them. All the original graphics and the notation were prepared for the original layout sheet size and scale(s). If you print to 50% of the intended scale much of the information on the sheets risks being unreadable. Drawings printed at other than 100% should be watermarked by the printer to indicate that the original drawing scale has changed and by what amount. Scale bars are added to drawings for this very reason. If you also mark your layout sheet size e.g. A1 then a competent viewer should immediately pick up the drawing is reduced if it is displayed on an A3 sheet.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Is it possible??
How are you doing?

AC27 on window 11
kmitotk
Advocate

I think it's a local customary to indicate multiple drawing scales for different print sizes. We're often required to include them in our drawings as well in our region.

ArchiCAD can only show a single drawing scale based on the layout size. If you need to indicate an additional alternative drawing scale based on a print size that differs from the layout size you'd have to add it manually. The least painful way I found was to use the layout info in the layout settings:
Right click on the project title (the top group) in the Layout book in the Navigator and and choose Book Settings. Click on Add button under LAYOUT INFO SCHEME to add new info item and call it "Drawing scale @A1", or whatever, and hit OK.
Right click on the layout in the Navigator and open layout settings and under LAYOUT INFO you manually enter the alternative drawing scale in the info item you created. You'd have to do this for each layout.
The layout info item can be displayed as as a field in the drawing list, or as an Auto Text in the title block.

It would be great if GS will make alternative drawing scale parameter available.

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

LeeJaeYoung_0-1683688681107.png

I think I understood what you said.
Set the drawing scale, insert the drawing scale @A1, and enter it manually.

LeeJaeYoung_1-1683689228078.png

And that's what makes this visible in the Sheet Index.
thank you. ^^

It doesn't work automatically. ㅠㅠ

AC27 on window 11
Learn and get certified!