Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

What is the fix when trying to get a PDF view to plot?

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
This is an all too common problem we have in our office. When plotting, and always at random, some or all PDF's on a sheet will not plot. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. Sometimes a viewported PDF will plot, sometimes it will not. It seems totally random.

I know of others that have had this problem, and if I recall, there is a workaround of some sort. I do not want to turn the entire sheet into a PDF and plot the entire thing as one PDF.

This wouldn't be an issue if we could still use OLE.

WinXp Pro, Archicad 10 build 1183
intel core duo
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
MMontgomery wrote:
When plotting, and always at random, some or all PDF's on a sheet will not plot.
anything to do with the PDF document's security settings? just a thought . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Good idea, but all the security settings are set to 'allowed'. Since it is so random, I'm having trouble nailing down the cure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried printing? Does the plotter have enough memory to spool the whole sheet?
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I will try that for the next full set to see if that works. I ended up creating a PDF set and it plotted OK.

I've also found that it's possible to plot the set one sheet at a time, and all the PDF viewports plot fine.

It must be how ArchiCAD handles the plotfile when plotting a set of 80 sheets, many with PDF schedules, or a memory issue between my PC or the Plotter.

Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I'm having the same problem. As far as I can tell, it started when I applied the patch for Build 1183 (US). My work-around it to "print" to my plotter, rather than "plot". Seems to work OK with that.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB