Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Why are my fills (patches) solid black in PM !!??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried changing numerous settings in both AC and PM but they still come through as solid black on the layouts in PM. The files are .PLN imports. I am using PM 3.1.0 v.1 and AC 8.1.0 v.1 I don't recall running into this issue before -what is happening? TIA
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
aad1 wrote:
I have tried changing numerous settings in both AC and PM but they still come through as solid black on the layouts in PM. The files are .PLN imports. I am using PM 3.1.0 v.1 and AC 8.1.0 v.1 I don't recall running into this issue before -what is happening? TIA
Maybe printing with All colors to black?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Djorde. I have plotting preferences set to grayscale. However, the reason for my post was not because of the output (on paper) but because they appear black on-screen in PM -so I already assumed they would plot that way.
Djordje
Ace
aad1 wrote:
However, the reason for my post was not because of the output (on paper) but because they appear black on-screen in PM -so I already assumed they would plot that way.
And how do they plot? Or print?

Can you post the screenshot?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
what you see on screen is a preview of how they are going to print/plot.

the preview can be controlled differently to the output.

right click on one of your drawings and choose "Drawing Settings...". there is a tab, "Frame and Output Colour", where you have the options of changing how they preview on screen, and how they will print/plot.

you then have the option at the point of printing/plotting of controlling the entire layout's output style. i'm never sure which takes precedence . . . for example, if you have several placed drawings on one layout, some of which are set to output in colour and some in b+w, what happens if you choose the colour option for output? (something i've never actually had to do). does the colour-at-output option over-ride the b+w settings of the individual drawings? i know that it certainly works in reverse: i.e. b+w-at-output results in an over-ride of the colour drawings . . .

very confusing!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I came in this morning, booted the computer, lauched AC and PM. low and behold my fill issues have miraculously healed themselves . While happy the issue appears resolved I am a little concerned and am hoping it was some bizarro fluke. If the issue arises again I will try to be a bit more specific about criteria and other apps open etc. For now, thanks to Djordje and Ben for your replies.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I had something similar happen 2 days ago.
When I opened a plotmaker book and it s companion AC file, both v2 (from a mac, I'm on XP), in plotmaker all the fills looked and printed black. I had first told the lbk to read all from the AC file and then updated the book. It wasn' t until I had individually selected and updated the imported views by individual layout sheets that the fills displayed correctly.
I haven't had this 'effect' occur with any of my windows AC/plotmaker files.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"